Listed below are several tips to help ensure you receive a timely decision on your loan inquiry. These tips are designed to help borrowers avoid some of the most common pitfalls that cause delays in their loan approvals. Half of the entire loan process is dependent upon you, the borrower.
1. Provide all documentation that is requested. Any missing documentation is likely to cause a delay in your loan approval process. Please see the Mortgage Checklist for a list of items you will typically need to produce.
2. If additional information or documentation is requested, please provide it immediately.
3. Read all disclosures carefully and ask questions if you need clarifications. It is best to communicate all requests and clarifications in writing early in the loan process.
4. Ensure that the income you report on your application is the same income as that which is reported on your tax documents.
5. Inform your loan officer of any past credit problems.
6. Review your credit report carefully to verify its accuracy.
7. If you are thinking about obtaining any other type of credit before the closing of the loan, please contact your Loan Officer or Loan Processor beforehand.
8. When signing your closing documents, sign your name exactly as it is printed. For example, you may need to include your middle name or initial in your signature.